Advertisements

Raspberry Pi Powered OpenVPN – Server, Part 4

You may also like...

12 Responses

1. Waikari Boy says:

ok reboot pi and then what, you have not posted anything about the client connects to the server!

2. Delmar Jackson says:

will these instrucions work with the rp2? will it matter i i install as root user? will it autostart on boot? sometimes my pi2 gets unplugged without a proper shutdown. would that damage the setup if all im using it for is a vpn?

• This will work perfectly well on a Raspberry Pi 2. I’ve just setup my VPN server again on a Pi2 and had no problem, fact the setup took a lot less time!

I’ve also not had any problems with losing power. OpenVPN will start up at boot and be sitting ready for connections with-in about 10-15 seconds of you adding power – as long as the SD card survives it want affect the setup

• Delmar Jackson says:

Thank you!

• Delmar Jackson says:

I’ve had this setup working for a long time now without any issue. The other day I set up hostapd so I could connect to the pi as a wifi access point to sync files from the camera. The problem is the vpn no longer provides internet access as I must have messed something up any ideas?

3. blotchart says:

Thank you it worked perfectly please make more guides like this!

4. Prasad Kumar says:

I guess everything worked fine and I have got .ovpn files. But when I try to connect them on my android tablet I have the some error like
    openvpn core error: PolarSSL: cert certificate is underdefined

If possible could you help me setup the pi once again as VPN server? Thank You

5. Tyson Goulding says:

Great guide! Had a question regarding SSH. I can’t reach any equipment I have at home via SSH. I believe its an IP issue with the command I pasted in nano. Gateway 192.168.1.1, Mask 255.255.255.0, VPN 192.168.1.40. When I become connected with VPN set to a 10.8.0.10. What do I need to change? (I left all the commands besides the (CHANGE IP) in the commands you had. This would be wonderful if you can respond.

6. wortelsoft says:

For everybody who gets an error while copying the easy-RSA stuff use the following command instead. sudo make-cadir easy-rsa